Saturday, March 12, 2011

Zimbabwe

I spent the last 4 days jetting around Zimbabwe with a few people in our own small plane. We got to see Victoria Falls, which is an unbelievable spectacle no matter how many times you've been, Hwange National Park (where the elephant visited me in the shower), and a beautiful lodge called Bumi Hills on Lake Kariba.

We took a booze cruise on the Zambezi River during which I watched a collar-popped douche bag from Australia get into a Springer style shouting match with his new wife. that was quite entertaining, however the highlight of the week was the following:

One of the people that was traveling with me was a total waste of oxygen, not only hideous but insanely dumb and dull - one of the worst people I've ever met (and mind you I've known Bhatt for years). The fact that this woman has a job is impressive, I'm shocked that she's made it through life as a human being for as long as she has.
Anyway, we went to a local Zimbabwean craft market on our last day and I watched this bitch trade her shoes for a small wooden bowl. The bowl couldn't have been worth more than five bucks, but she decided to walk around barefoot for the next 90 minutes until we got back to the hotel!

I've had a quick recharge in Johannesburg, including more steak, cubans & Jack, and now I'm off to meet another group in Cape Town.

1 comment: