Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On the Move...... Again

I spent the last 3 days at a beautiful lodge called Grootbos. We were incredibly busy and active while there, including shark cage diving with great whites, hiking through ancient caves and taking a scenic flight around the coast of South Africa (the plane was about 5 feet off the ground) - Awesome! The food at this place was incredible too, probably the best meals that I've ever had.
The highlight was last night. We stayed in the new Villa - it's a 6 bedroom ultra-modern mansion that looks out over the Atlantic. Besides the baller status of this place the owner had an informal brai (South African BBQ) for us and a bunch of staff. We grilled lobbies and steaks and drank from about 5pm til 1:30 in the morning. We were crushing bottles of wine and ripping shots. Everyone still there after midnight - about 8 of us - ended up in the pool; some in shorts, some fully clothed, and some ass naked. I also learned that in South Africa at anytime someone can mix up the nastiest shot possible and make someone else do it, they call it Straffdop - Afrikanse for penalty drink, and you better believe I'm bringing that back to the states. Usually this is done if you commit a 'party foul', however I was given two by one of the guides just bc I wasn't smiling. This was obviously very late and we were just passing them out for any reason, but my shot was Belvedere, Tanqueray & tomato juice - no idea how I kept it down...
Now I'm in Cape Town for the night, then tomorrow morning I head back to Savanna Lodge for 3 more days on safari. I'm really psyched to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment