Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hong Kong

I spent the last five days of my trip in Hong Kong for a rugby tournament. 24 nations participate and it's the biggest shitshow of an event that I've ever experienced. It's like Mardi Gras meets Super Bowl.
I remember very little from this portion of the trip, and to that point comes the only story that I do remember and feel comfortable sharing:
At the rugby matches, in an effort to raise money for charity, they sell space on the scoreboard to post any message you want. As you can imagine, later in the day (after many beers have been consumed) these can get quite funny.
Saturday was by far the longest/craziest day, we drank from about noon straight through to 2:30am. The majority of the first couple of hours at the stadium on Sunday was spent by our group piecing together Saturday's shenanigans. So, on Sunday afternoon the following message appeared:

If you have any idea what I did last
night please stop by the Cathay Pacific
suite and fill me in.
Thanks,
Dave

The reaction in our suite was great. People were dying with laughter. My only regret is that I didn't have a better camera to get a picture to post here.

Here is a picture that I just came across. Please don't ask me where I am, who these people are, or what trophy this is:


Here is a quick video just to attempt to show you the atmosphere in Hong Kong during the Rugby Sevens. The streets are like this from Thursday - Sunday for blocks and blocks:

No comments:

Post a Comment