Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bringing Beer Pong to the Bush

First of all the bush is just the term for the area with the animals where you go on safari (I know some of you chuckled when you read the title of this post).

I was back at Savanna Lodge for the last three days. It was another incredible stay - great animal sightings, phenomenal food, and my group and the staff was so much fun. I'm beyond exhausted because I only got 11 hours of sleep over my 3 nights there...
We were up late boozing and telling jokes & stories pretty late every night. On the last night we decided to play some fun games, both drinking and real games. At about 11:30 I decided it was time to teach the South Africans how to play beer pong. We used bottle caps since there were no ping pong balls readily available and set up a table with six cups to a side. The Americans (me plus 3 from my group) played the first game to show how it is done, then we each paired with a South African staff member and had a mini 4 team tournament. By the end of the night we had the chef and bartenders playing. Needless to say that one of the rangers and I won the tournament and went to bed with a 7-0 record!

1 comment: