Wednesday, November 30, 2011

FREE Drinks!

I just got back to my hotel following an incredible night in Hong Kong. We had an awesome sundowner booze cruise on Victoria Harbor with stunning views of the city and sunset. That was followed by an absurdly good dinner at one of the best restaurants in the city.

Last night was awesome; after I arrived I showered and then met up with friends in Lan Kwai Fong (a cool area of Hong Kong full of bars and restaurants). Following a solid pre-game and nice dinner one of my buddies said 'okay let's go drink for free and get shitfaced'. I was obviously on board and figured he knew a bartender somewhere, however this was not the case. We went to a bar called Insomnia that has a special every Tuesday night - give them a business card and drink for free from 9 - 11. Even after reading the sign outside of the bar and my friend's reassurance that it was completely free I was still skeptical. It wasn't until I stumbled out of Insomnia at 11:15 having not spent a dollar (they don't even expect tips!) that I was a believer... Moral of the story = when traveling to Hong Kong make sure you're there on a Tuesday night!

Leaving for the airport at 6:15am tomorrow to catch my flight to Saigon so I'm gonna pass out. Will post again whenever possible.

1 comment:

  1. I am still not buying it. What is the catch? Are there cameras in the bar? you give them a business card they mail a video of you to work?? Has to be a catch! Bec

    ReplyDelete