Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Banks!!!

I love New Orleans!
I've just sobered up following a nice 3 day stint in the Big Easy. The weather was perfect, the gumbo delicious and hurricanes still fuck you up!
Went to the Saints game on Sunday with a couple of my boys - Who Dat?!
For my first dinner on Friday night I had a cup of seafood gumbo as a starter with a bowl of chicken & andouille gumbo as an entree.
And spent waaaaaayyyyy too much money on some N'Arlins art.

But the purpose for my visit was to attend Banks' wedding - it was at this gorgeous old creole cottage (complete with slave quarters...) in the warehouse district of New Orleans. They had awesome food and an incredible live jazz band. The venue was awesome! Pictures don't really do it justice, but here are a few of the courtyard area anyway (where the ceremony took place):

Although I admittedly spent about half the wedding upstairs (the only room with a tv) watching LSU-Bama with about a third of the wedding I can assure you that this was an A+ event.
Congrats Brian & Marcie!!!

I can't wait to get back down to the derrty derrty and I hope you can all join me. I'll be flying down in January to celebrate my 30th in one of my favorite cities in the world. A bunch of people have already booked air/hotel - if you haven't and you wanna join in on the debauchery hit me up.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time and looking forward to your 30th weekend. I'll be around.
    -Banks

    ReplyDelete