Sunday, December 4, 2011

Quick Update

I have a few free minutes at the Da Nang airport waiting for my flight to Hanoi so I wanted to do a quick post. Vietnam is Fucking Awesome! A few quick things:
> North Vietnam/the Commies won the Vietnam War (definitely should've known that but I didn't)
> This country is so diverse and beautiful; the people are friendly; the food is really good
> My group is pretty cool; not the party animals that I'd prefer but we're having a blast
> It's cheap! The exchange rate is US$1 to 21,000 Vietnam Dong (yes the money here is called dong and don't worry we've made every stupid dong joke possible) - I'm a multi-millionaire here
> I found Charlie; he's actually not that bad of a guy...

I'm jumping on a plane now to the capital city (Hanoi) and have another 3 nights in Vietnam before starting my trek home. I'll try to post at least one more time with more details and/or stories if I can, and I definitely have some awesome pictures that I will get on the site ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment