Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vienna!

I'm totally skipping Budapest, not because it's not worth a post but because I was only there for a day and I think pictures will be the only way to tell that story.
I'm in Vienna (for another 8 hours) and this is easily the most beautiful city I've ever seen in my life. PAUSE.
A big part of my job, and these trips, is meeting with the heads of 5* hotels in different cities and convincing them how I can bring them more business. Today I had a meeting and tour of one of the nicest hotels I've ever seen. The suite, where we had champagne, overlooks the entire city! As everyone is enjoying their champagne I blurt out 'what is that?!' while pointing at a random sand filled square. I'm informed that it's a manmade beach surrounded by bars in the city center that a lot of the locals frequent. The meeting ended with pleasantries and my day continued with a nice private tour of the palaces in the city and an absurd dinner at a vineyard on a hill overlooking Vienna. On the ride home we're all chatty, after 3 bottles of wine, and my sales manager looks at me and says 'you're getting dropped off at the beach Place (which is called sand in the city) aren't you?'. I obviously reply YEAH in the Li'l Jon voice...
I roll up in this spot - which is amazing - and can't find a human (and by human I mean attractive female) that speaks English. So I resort to the 'Sprecken Zee Inglish' (Amsterdam knows what Inglish is). I got Slapped!!! It was my first international slapping (that I remember) so I moved along to another bar, hung out with an international violinist from Philly and that was that.
Heading to Prague tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment