Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Krakow

I spent two nights in Krakow, Poland. This is the second largest city in Poland (Warsaw is the first) and one of the oldest cities in all of Europe - over 1200 years old! This was Hitler's favorite city and he planned on making it the new capital after taking over the world, therefore it's one of the only cities that was not bombed during WWII so all of the original old buildings are still standing. It's a very small city but it boasts the largest square/piazza in all of Europe. The population is only around 1.2 million and 100,000 of them are university students. Such a fun city and LOTS of talent!
Last night I got banged the fuck up with a bunch of people, including this incredible old communist man. He informed me, amongst other things, that the US is currently surrounded by Cuban subs and they'll soon attack... Besides that I've had some meetings, wandered around the city, took a tour of Nova Huta - a communist era suburb of Krakow; and drank lots of vodka, good vodka.
I have some incredible and hilarious pictures, but I'll have to wait until I'm home to post them since I'm only traveling with my iPad.
Next stop - Budapest...

No comments:

Post a Comment