Saturday, August 20, 2011

Berlin

Let me preface this post by saying (1) I haven't slept since waking up at 7:45am on Fri (it's now 7pm on Sat in NY) and (2) German beer is really strong and I've consumed quite a bit of it over the last 6 hours.
I've been in Berlin, Germany's capital, for just over 17 hours and by god have I been busy. Today I had 5 meetings, had a hosted dinner in a Michelin star winning restaurant, saw the remnants of the Berlin wall in multiple places, visited the Reichstag, hung out in 2 of the most famous platz's (piazzas or squares) in all of Germany, drank a bottle of local German Riessling and tried a bunch of different German beer, rented a Trabant - a communist made East German car that hasn't been around since the late 60's - and drove all through the city, chilled at the 'beach' on the Spree River, and probably some other cool shit that I can't think of right now.
I had my doubts about Berlin but there's tons of interesting stuff to do during the day, lots of plankable objects, cool people, and a great nightlife. AKA, this city has just entered the category of strong contender for inclusion in future shit show trips.
I gotta be up in 7 hours to go on one final tour of the city (by boat on the river), then sit in a minivan for 600 kms on the way to Krakow, Poland - peace for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment