Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stereotypes

We all know (or at least pretend to believe) that stereotypes are politically incorrect and wrong. That being said, they have to originate for a reason; i.e. most black people really do enjoy fried chicken; Asian women tend to be horrible drivers; and Jews are more often than not 'prudent' with money.
Growing up I enjoyed no stereotype more than the assumption that all descendents of Poland were, in a word, stupid. During my recent escapades through Europe I had the opportunity to visit Poland (Krakow, which is an awesome city!) and I've realized that this stereotype is incorrect. It's not a stereotype, it's an absolute truth - Polish people have to be the dumbest 'tribe' to walk this Earth...

I spent approximately 30 hours in Poland and came across the following examples of Polish idiocy:

Less than 10 minutes after crossing the border from Germany into Poland we stopped to get gas and grab a quick bite at McDonald's. Check out this genius and his understanding of parking lots:

 After a long drive we arrived at our hotel and take a seat in the lobby as they are checking us in. Most people only have one arm, so these Pollock designed chairs were a brilliant idea:

We get our room keys and head to the elevator; another sign of genius!
*** If you didn't notice that both buttons are door open you might want to check your family tree to see if you have any ancestors from Poland...***

After getting settled and washing up we headed to the main square to check it out and grab dinner. I still don't comprehend the first thing that I saw on this walk. It can't be a public restroom but I have no clue what it is; maybe I'm the idiot here but until someone enlightens me I'm thinking this is dumb on their side.

In the square we see these two ladies. I've been on crutches a few times in my life and I'm pretty certain that they're using them incorrectly...


The next morning we check out and hit the road for another long drive to Budapest, Hungary. Before getting out of the city limits we see this winner. I don't know what specifically makes him Polish/Stupid/Etc. but I found him fucking hilarious so I had to take some photos of Speed Racer!


Finally, as we're approaching the highway my sales manager spots the greatest street signs of all time. This wasn't a European thing b/c we looked for these bad boys everywhere else but the only place that we saw them was in Poland. Really? You have to tell drivers not to hit other cars; or people. Come on!



No comments:

Post a Comment