Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hidden Paradise

During my Tanzania trip I spent an incredible three nights at a place called Lupita Island. This private island in Lake Tanganyika covers 130 acres and only has 13 chalets, the smallest of which is 1200 sq feet (the largest is 2500). Lake Tanganyika is the longest lake in the world and the second deepest - it has more water than all five Great Lakes combined! The water temp is between 70-80 degrees all year and as clear as the Caribbean. This place was literally paradise.
I kayaked, snorkeled, swam, drank and the food was phenomenal (this is also where I did the village visit, previous post).
Besides what I've just said above there is really no way to explain this place so I will just let a few pictures attempt to describe the sickness that is Lupita Island...









No comments:

Post a Comment