Monday, February 11, 2013

Getting My Jambo On!

Pretty much anyone that knows me knows that Jambo is by far my favorite word (it means Hello in swahili). Kenya is an amazing destination and part of the reason I love it so much is because I get to scream JAMBO at/to anyone and everyone I see.

My first adventure for 2013 took me to Kenya for a whirlwind tour around the country visiting over 20 hotels/resorts/safari lodges in 10 days, and then attending a 3 day conference in Nairobi.
This is the welcome we got at pretty much every camp/lodge we visited:
These are members of the Masai tribe - the most well-known tribe in Kenya. Mother Fuckers can jump!!!!


Despite my hectic schedule the trip was tons of fun and I had some really cool experiences. None of which was cooler than that last day of my journey. I had the opportunity to visit an anti-poaching camp in Tsavo National Park (SE Kenya) and do a 'patrol' with one of the KWS (Kenya Wildlife Services) Rangers. This specific camp only opened about 11 months ago and they've already found and removed over 600 snares from the African bush!!!



Following Kenya I was spoiled with about 2 weeks at home. Now I'm off to another swahili speaking country later this week - Tanzania. I'm incredibly excited to visit Tanzania, as I've only been there once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment