Thursday, October 13, 2011

South Africa

I've spent my last three nights in South Africa - the first two on safari in the Waterberg region (Northern part of the country, not too far from the Botswana border) & last night in Johannesburg.
The safari portion was cool - saw all the big animals I usually see with the highlight being a cheetah eating a freshly caught impala, really good stuff! We also took a short helicopter ride over the game reserve - what an incredible experience. FYI - animals are quite scared of low flying helicopters.
Last night in Johannesburg was par for the course for my visits there - meetings, hosted dinner at a nice restaurant, and finally whiskey and Cuban cigars.
I'm at the airport now waiting to board my flight to Livingstone, Zambia. From there I will be heading to Zimbabwe for another safari and to visit Victoria Falls.

Pretty anticlimactic I know, sorry about that. But nothing very significant or outrageous has gone down yet on this trip. I will have some pics to post, but it will have to wait until I'm back in NY b/c I can't do that from my iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment