Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cats & Cabs

Since I'm only able to get online periodically I've got two quick stories, and I'm not sure when the next post will follow.

On my last game drive at Mkuze Falls we came across 4 male cheetahs - which is crazy because cheetahs are usually solitary - and they were hungry. We watched them stalk and chase a herd of wildebeest down a flat airstrip at the camp. They weren't able to catch any of them, but seeing 4 cheetahs sprinting at full speed on an open plain was one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life. My only regret is that this happened at about 6:20am and it was too dark to capture a video.

First of all, the conference that I'm at is AWESOME! Tonight I went to a hosted dinner at one of the best restaurants in Durban. Our cab on the way there had strobing disco lights, an absurd sound system, & tv screens on the back of the headrests that played the video of the song playing. When we arrived at the restaurant - which turned into a total shitshow - one of my colleagues said that the cab ride over was by far the most ridiculous cab ride she's ever taken. This obviously lead to me telling stories of about a dozen other cab rides that SHIT on that one (although this one was fun), including but not limited to:
- Ali Baba*
- Hunting knife*
- Coke off dashboards*
- Miracle Mile*
- Troise's hand*
Needless to say that after these stories half of the table thought I was the biggest scumbag on the face of the earth and the other half thought I was the coolest human alive; regardless of which category they fell in they all pretty much pissed their pants laughing...

* I've always wanted to use an asterisk like a disclaimer on my blog. But seriously, if you were in the cab for any of those rides you know what I'm talking about...

No comments:

Post a Comment