Monday, November 8, 2010

Master William!

So my first full day in Hong Kong was awesome! Went on a really interesting city tour, had an incredible Chinese dim sum lunch at/on a floating restaurant and now getting ready to go on a booze cruise followed by dinner.
Funniest moment of the day: While waiting for someone in the lobby of a hotel, I see this Chinese woman running up to us. My host/guide screams out "Hello Kitty!" Apparently the woman showing us around the property was named Kitty. I can now tell you first hand that the hardest thing in the world to do is hold in your laughter in a business setting after hearing an Asian woman (standing right next to you) scream "Hello Kitty!".

Despite the funniness and coolness described above the highlight was the first activity in the morning - TAI CHI & MEDITATION HOUR. Yes, you heard me right I got up at 7am to meditate and do tai chi. Our instructor was Master William. This guy is the F'in Man! He would choke out Mr. Miagi in under 60 seconds. He had size 6 Keds with Yin Yangs on them. That's right Keds with fucking Yin Yangs. So I had a Tai Chi session first thing in the morning - I killed it!


1 comment: