Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Europe Pictures

I'm sorry for the delay but here are a few pictures from my most recent trip. I still haven't had the time to go through everything so this is limited but enjoy.
Berlin:
Loved this ad (Das Album!)
Here's a cool video. This is a segment of the Berlin Wall that used to separate communist East Germany from capitalist West Germany. They left this part standing and had artists come and turn it into somewhat of a gallery.


Finally this is the German Parliament building


Poland was full of dumb people (refer to Stereotypes post...), but in Krakow there is a beautiful castle - Wawel Castle. I couldn't get a great shot of it b/c I never had the best angle and it's massive, but here it is:


I then went to Budapest, which is a really pretty city in Hungary right on the Danube River.
Here's the Parliament (at day and night):


Here's part of the castle (which sits up on a hill opposite the parliament)
Here's a shot just looking down the river from our trolley stop. The closer building is a huge museum and you can see the castle in the distance


Next stop was Venice. This was by far the most beautiful city I've ever seen. Pause.
Videos/Pictures really don't do it justice but the buildings are huge, old, and gorgeous.

This is the summer palace

Here's a couple of shots just looking out over the city from the balcony of a suite at Sacher Hotel

This is an awesome sign that I saw while walking home from the bar at night, so I went back the next morning with my camera before leaving. I don't know what it means, but I bet Troise does.

Finally, here's an Austrian police car and a close up of my favorite sticker of all time (which was found on the police car)

My last stop was without question my favorite - PRAGUE. Also beautiful and a total shit-show. What more could a boy ask for...
Here's Prague Castle, both from a distance and then right in front of the main gate.


This is the main town square
And finally, this is a shot I took while walking across Charles Bridge, a pedestrian only bridge that connects Old Town to the castle district (they're on opposite sides of the river). There are some great pubs and clubs right near the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment