Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Greetings from the Equator!

No joke - as I write this the right side of me is in the Southern hemisphere (along with a Jack rocks) and my left side is in the Northern hemisphere (with a Tusker beer). My freakin' hotel is built on the equator, which runs directly through the center of the bar, at the foot of Mt. Kenya.
Here's a picture from a stop on the equator earlier today:



I've already done/seen some pretty cool shit and my host is a lush so we're getting our whole group nice and toasted on a nightly basis.

So far we've seen some good animals - highlighted by a herd of elephants with a few really young calfs and wild Colobus monkeys in the rain forests of Mount Kenya. I've also fed bongos, impala and monkeys at this cool animal orphanage (below); busted a freestyle to a Samburu tribe's beat at a bush dinner (outdoors in the middle of nowhere); and saw one of the only Zebroids in the world - it's a crossbreed of a horse and zebra - really weird looking.







Well I've got to get back to my drinks and then put some aloe on my sunburn. I hope you're enjoying the winter weather and I'll write again the next time I'm near civilization and have Internet access. Peace Suckas!

1 comment: